CONTACT US NOW
Shipping Free Over 299 Eur for EU-Countries
You have no items in your shopping cart.
To make the most of his glory, all yarns in cones of pure animals fibers (pure cashmere, pure alpaca, pure merino, etc.) needs a simple washing process after execution.
This requires that the sample undergoes the same process that you will make the finished garment.
It always advisable to make a sample regardless of the type of yarn you buy, no matter where you purchase it. It is imperative to reach a standard 10x10 cm and wash it by following our tips (below). This will be useful not only to determine consumption and the measures, but also to make the yarn smoothness, softness and shine.
The yarn, especially if in cones, remains for a long time compressed into the cone, and the fiber is compressed. By washing the fiber relaxes and increases in volume over, as said, to regain its softness typical of the best fiber.
You can do this either by hand that MACHINE
- In a bowl, every 5 liters of warm water add 20 ml of detergent for delicate fabrics (usually half scoop)
- Soak the sample or the finished garment for about 30 minutes. Drain well and rinse without wringing in clean water.
- If the yarn has some impurities (eg, spinning oils) or it is too dry, then wash in clean cold water by adding 40 ml of VINEGAR. This step must be carried out only in the first wash, it is not necessary to repeat it in subsequent washes.
The washing machine is made when the yarn is not fulling. The washing is soft and indicated the presence of vinegar will be an excellent antical:
- Place the sample / garment in a bag protect delicate garments in a pillowcase or old
- Load the washing machine and select the cycle for delicate fabrics (cashmere, silk, etc. ..)
- Select the temperature to 30°
- Select 400 rpm spin (or as low as possible, not to squeeze the head)
- Loads containers with 1 part detergent for delicates, 2 scoops of SOFTENER, 2 scoops of VINEGAR (in the container for the final rinse or in that of the bleach
IMPORTANT: In both cases, do not wring out the sample/garment, STRETCH, the sample/garment will be made between one or more 'TOWELS. Never hang the head, or the weight of excess water the warp.
You will see that it dries in a flash!
Lay then work on another dry towel and put it into shape according to the measures, if needed, helping with some needles. Leave in a horizontal position until completely DRY.
Personally I recommend machine wash the sample and the sweater only the first time, only if yarn is not fulling, and washings the finished garments handmade always by hand in cold water.